Monday 5 April 2010

Nap-time

Siesta is the Spanish suggestion of afternoon napping and a mighty fine idea that is too. Siesta is a Spanish word which is taken from the Latin word hora sexta meaning 'the sixth hour', counting from dawn, therefore noon, hence midday rest.

Whether it is the lifestyle I choose to lead currently or maybe health reasons, or maybe even the seasonal shift, over the last couple of months, post lunch, pre dinner (and lets not describe the day in future in terms of meals) my poor little mind and body is crying out for this 'midday rest'. The act of sleeping in the afternoon is very much self forbidden but the impact on my soul and body after a stolen hour is worth it. If I/m woken suddenly watch out, bear, head, sore springs to mind, but the right amount in the right conditions rejuvenates me.

Im being careful though and realisr I need to shift my sleep pattern and body clock and regiment my hectic lifestyle before I burn out. But hey, I like it that way. You know, make everyday count but let me recharge and grab 5, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment