Monday 12 April 2010

I'm a Cyclist not a Terrorist!


To be perfectly honest, although to some I would be considered a jack (I very much don't), and with that comes a deep hatred for Cardiff City, I have never pandered to that ridiculous Football mentality, but may I take this opportunity to slate Cardiff as much as the next Swan's fan.

In this god forsaken country the percentage of sunshine we actually experience must be well below 15% of the year, therefore when the sun is out make the most of it in anyway you know how. Riding my bike to the train station, taking the train out of this city and taking a day trip to another did not conclude in the peaceful and fun day I had anticipated. Now sooner had we arrived on Cardiff soil (or rather concrete) did the constant harassment start. I never realised just how much of an offence having a 'push' bike actually was.

Problem no 1: You cannot even very slowly ride your bike on a train platform and am told this in the most patronising manner, I did retaliate!

Problem no 2: You cannot quietly push your bike through the new John Lewis Centre and am told this by the youngest Security Guard I have ever laid my eyes on, I retaliated to that too.

Problem no 3: You cannot ride your bike through the city centre at all. Even though I made more attention to the people around me than any pedestrian had, including crazy mothers with prams and idiots on mobile phones whose eyes cease to function. I am informed of the ban by a random passer by sounding in a very aggressive manner "Get off your bike" and another security guard who stated that the underfloor of the city centre was dangerous and likely to cause slipping.

Problem no 4: There is no consistent storage area for bikes on trains and it's a game to work out where they may live. Then when you find the wrong area have another row for that too, with big fat controller harping on about that too for much longer than he needed to. I'm an adult, tell me once nicely and I will do exactly as you say!

Obviously if you ride a bike (and maybe try and say the planet a bit and look after your own health) then you are a menace. As an adult I think I deserve a bit of respect and come to that anyone of any age also deserves that but the way figures of so-called authority deliver their information is totally inappropriate.

My god Swansea can be the most ridiculous place at times but Cardiff topped that yesterday!!!

Luckily I can ride fast when I need to and stand up for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment