Friday 12 June 2009

The city that suprised me and took my heart


For many years I have yearned to visit NYC and throughout this time visualised how I thought it would be. It's probably the most visually over exposed city in the world, therefore, we all conjure an idea of how we think it may be. The sound of constant traffic, the steam rising from the sidewalk, the characters, the landmarks...
however, what I did not expect was the unbelieveable sense of belonging I felt. The city opened its arm's to me and made me feel safe and wanted. It has so much to offer and exceeded all my hopes.
I walked the streets, rode in a 'big yellow taxi', smiled at Liberty and promised I would return very soon.
NYC is different for everyone I realise, but that is its the beauty, individuality, and a place that will except you whoever you are with no judgement. I see why it has been a retreat for so many artists and musicians.
If you have never been put it on your bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment